- All Resources
- Loans & Credit
- How to clear my credit history?
- You have got the right to have inaccurate info on your credit file corrected totally free
Can I have mistakes corrected in my own credit history?
Yes. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) states that you’ve got the straight to get yourself a modification on the credit history for just about any inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, unimportant or information that is misleading. This can be done cost-free.
How to uncover what is with in my own credit history?
Credit reporting bodies produce and hold credit history. Credit bodies that are reporting: Equifax (previously Veda Advantage), Dun & Bradstreet and Experian Credit Services Australia.
You will find range methods to uncover what is in your credit file. The right is had by you:
- To acquire a copy that is free of credit history. a credit scoring human body cannot fee because of this, in the previous 12 months unless you obtained a copy of your credit report from them;
- To acquire a copy that is free of credit history within ninety days of getting a software for credit refused;
- The reason for a loan refusal to be informed by a credit provider.